Hiring a Landscaper in Wimberley Texas
So your yard is not looking so nice and you are in need of an affordable landscaping service in Wimberley TX but don’t know how to find one. And since you take great pride in your home, you want to make sure you hire the right contractor. Choosing the right landscaper can not only result in a much more attractive lawn and garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal can be as basic as having your lawn cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter, most landscaping companies offer snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the various local landscaping companies can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. But there is an easy way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to perform your due diligence when hiring a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Wimberley TX homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Wimberley TX companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Wimberley TX landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Wimberley TX landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Wimberley TX contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Texas or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Texas Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Wimberley TX landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Wimberley TX area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Wimberley TX landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit More About Wimberley Texas
Wimberley started as a trading post settlement near Cypress Creek in 1848, the year Hays County was organized. After William Carvin Winters built a gristmill at the site in 1856, it took on the name Winters' Mill. When the mill was sold in 1864 to the Cude family, its name was changed to Cude's Mill. It was sold again in 1874 to Pleasant Wimberley and took on his name. Over the years, the mill was expanded to process lumber, shingles, flour, molasses, and cotton.
In 1880, Alfred vom Stein, a postmaster from San Marcos, applied to have a post office established in the community, calling it Wimberleyville. The application was granted, but the name shortened to Wimberley. Although the mill was shut down in 1925, the community was established and continued to grow, eventually becoming known as a resort town and becoming popular with tourists. Prior to its incorporation in May 2000, it was a census-designated place (CDP).
On May 25, 2015, the town was hit by catastrophic flooding during the 2015 Texas–Oklahoma floods, along the Blanco River which flows through town. The river crested at an estimated 41.5 feet, which was almost 30 feet above flood stage.
Wimberley is located at 29°59′44″N 98°06′03″W / 29.995474°N 98.100832°W / 29.995474; -98.100832 (29.995474, -98.100832), 28 miles (45 km) southwest of Austin and 46 mi (74 km) northeast of San Antonio.
Find the Right Landscaping Company in Wimberley TX
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. Just request your free estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top professional pre-screened landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Wimberley TX landscaping professional at the right price now!
Other Interesting Cities in Texas
Business Results 1 - 10 of 68
Bing: Wimberley TX Landscaping Services Search results
3 Best Lawn Maintenance/Mowing Services - Wimberley TX
Unscreened Lawn Care Services in Wimberley, Texas Aqua Systems 7824 B W. Highway 71 Austin , TX 78735 Awesome Landscapes and More P.O. Box 174 Cedar Creek , TX 78612
Best Lawn Service & Landscaping Austin, Westlake | Cherry ...
Contact Cherry Creek Landscaping Cherry Creek Landscaping, one of the premier landscaping companies in Austin TX provides the comprehensive gardening and landscaping solutions to clients. We proudly serve the Greater Austin TX area as well as Wimberley TX and the hill country. We strive to provide excellent service at an affordable price.
Wimberley Landscape Supply
Wimberley Landscape Supply is the premier landscape material company in Central Texas. We focus on high quality soils, river rock, flagstone, and all landscape/masonry related products. From the weekend DIY project to commercial developments, count on us to provide the best service possible.
Larry's Tree Service | Tree Removal | Wimberley, TX
When you choose Larry's Tree Service as your contractor for tree services, you can be sure that you are hiring trained and skilled professionals who'll work with you so that you are completely satisfied with the job. We have expert climbers who will remove hazardous trees safely from your property. We'll ensure that we leave the job site clean after we're done with our services.
Tex Star Trees and Landscapes - Tree Service Wimberley ...
Tex-Star Trees and Landscapes, LLC, started as “Cedar Removal Specialists,” and has now transformed into a full service landscaping, tree trimming and design company serving Wimberley, Austin and the rest of the surrounding Hill Country for the last 10 years. Our employees bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to our company.
Best 30 Landscaping Lawn Services in Wimberley, TX with ...
Local Landscaping Lawn Services in Wimberley, TX. Compare expert Landscaping Lawn Services, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
Landscaping – Wimberley Gardens
Wimberley Gardens is a local garden center specializing in native Texas plants known to thrive in our Central Texas conditions. We also carry a variety of unique, local gifts for any occasion. Recent Blog Posts
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Wimberley, TX with ...
Local Landscape Contractors in Wimberley, TX. Compare expert Landscape Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... Norris Landscape Services. Landscape Contractors Landscaping Equipment & Supplies (1) Website (512) 847-5414. 3901 Days End Rd. Wimberley, TX 78676.
23 Best Landscaping Companies - Wimberley TX | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Wimberley, TX on HomeAdvisor. We Have 290 Homeowner Reviews of Top Wimberley Landscaping Companies. Precision Lawn Care, Greater Wimberley Construction, Creative Turf Solutions of Texas, LLC, Hurley's Electrical Services, Inc., Viking Services.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Wimberley, TX 2019 ...
Top 25 Landscaping Companies in Wimberley, TX d.a.d.'s lawn services Customer service is very important to us. One of our goals at D.A.D.'s is to keep our residential and commercial clients for life. limitless landscaping Founded in 2011, Limitless Landscaping was created with one primary goal in mind - water conservation.