Hiring a Landscaper in Potlatch Idaho
So your yard is not looking so nice and you are in need of an affordable landscaping service in Potlatch ID but don’t know how to find one. And since you take great pride in your home, you want to make sure you hire the right contractor. Choosing the right landscaper can not only result in a much more attractive lawn and garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal can be as basic as having your lawn cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter, most landscaping companies offer snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the various local landscaping companies can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. But there is an easy way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to perform your due diligence when hiring a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Potlatch ID homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Potlatch ID companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Potlatch ID landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Potlatch ID landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Potlatch ID contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Idaho or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Idaho Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Potlatch ID landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Potlatch ID area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Potlatch ID landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit More About Potlatch Idaho
Potlatch is a city in the northwest United States, located in north central Idaho in Latah County, about six miles (10 km) east of the border with Washington. On the Palouse north of Moscow, it is served by State Highway 6, and bordered on the northeast by the small community of Onaway. The population of Potlatch was 804 at the 2010 census.
Potlatch was founded 113 years ago in 1905 as a company town by the Potlatch Corporation. The townsite was chosen because of proximity to the company's large holdings of Western White Pine on the Palouse River. Potlatch was chosen as the mill site; at the time, it was one of the largest sawmills in the U.S. and was the largest white pine sawmill in the world.
Most of Potlatch was built in 1906 and 1907. A total of 143 houses were built in 1906, with 58 more built the following year; other building constructed during that period include boarding houses, an ice house, a Catholic church, hotel, school, and general store.
The company developed and ran Potlatch on a model mostly patterned after that used by Pullman Company for its company town in Illinois. It provide police and fire protection, a school, churches, a hospital, an inexpensive company store, and recreational amenities. It banned prostitution, prohibited alcohol, and encouraged its workers to marry by allowing only married couples to rent the houses it owned. The paternalism was profitable, even though rents were low: during 1943 the company showed a profit of $59,000 for its "townsite" services. Less than a decade later, with labor costs significantly reducing its townsite profit, the mill sold most of the homes and other buildings it owned, and Potlatch was incorporated.
Find the Right Landscaping Company in Potlatch ID
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. Just request your free estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top professional pre-screened landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Potlatch ID landscaping professional at the right price now!
Other Interesting Cities in Idaho
Business Results 1 - 10 of 1
Bing: Potlatch ID Landscaping Services Search results
Best 30 Lawn Mowing Service in Potlatch, ID with Reviews ...
Local Lawn Mowing Service in Potlatch, ID. Compare expert Lawn Mowing Service, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... Lawn Mowing Service in Potlatch, ID CCPA. ... From Business: Landscapes by Design has been providing full service residential & commercial landscaping services for over 30 years. We are ...
Residential Landscaper in Potlatch, ID | Call 888-276-4669
Our fertilization products are of high quality, and they are eco-friendly. We perform pollination services once per year, and we offer quality and quantity services. We have the best pollination services in Potlatch, ID, and our residential landscape fertilization experts are on 888-276-4669 if you need experts to offer you fertilization services.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Moscow, ID 2019 - Porch
Before you start any project, it is crucial to learn about the certifications and licenses that you or your Landscaping Company need to have. There are 5 landscaping companies in Moscow that are licensed. Here are the types of license(s) Landscaping Companies need to have to work on Landscape Services jobs in ID:
Plant Shops in Potlatch, ID - Best Greenhouse
Plant Shops in Potlatch, ID ... Landscaping Services; Plant and Garden Nurseries; Search by City; Landscaping Experts » Plant Nurseries » ID » Plant Nurseries And Greenhouses in Potlatch 83855. Plant Nurseries in Potlatch, ID. Looking for plant shops in Potlatch, ID? We have information about strawberry plants for sale, flowering plants, and ...
City of Potlatch, Idaho
Information about Potlatch City Council meetings with agendas and minutes, Scenic 6 RV Park, local Potlatch Business Directory and Visitor information. Potlatch, Idaho. ... 2019 City Design City of Potlatch * 195 6th Street * P.O. Box 525 * Potlatch, ID 83855 * (208) ...
Snow Removal Services Potlatch ID - 83855 Local Snow ...
Snow Removal Pros of Potlatch is a full service landscaping and snow removal services company located in the heart of Potlatch specialized in snow removal services. Phone : 855-340-9096. FEATURED. Snow Removal Service in Potlatch, ID
Landscape Contractors Potlatch,ID
Local Landscape Contractors in Potlatch,ID with maps, local business reviews, directions and more. in. Log In; ... Landscapes by Design has been providing full service residential & commercial landscaping services for over 30 years. We are dedicated to providin... Read More 3.
Best 17 Landscaping Lawn Services in Potlatch, ID with ...
Local Landscaping Lawn Services in Potlatch, ID. Compare expert Landscaping Lawn Services, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
McGreal Lawn Care & Landscaping - Home | Facebook
McGreal Lawn Care & Landscaping, Potlatch. 136 likes. Mowing, trimming, pruning, landscaping projects. ... Home Improvement in Potlatch, Idaho. 5. 5 out of 5 stars. Community See All. 136 people like this. 136 people follow this. About See All ... Internet Service Provider. Pleasant Valley Log Homes. Local Service.
Top Best Potlatch ID Landscaping Companies | Angie's List
Find Top-Rated Potlatch Landscaping Companies There are 0 top-rated landscaping companies in your area and 34 to avoid. After 20 years, it's now free to join. ... Idaho Tree Service 38 Cavanaugh Bay Road Coolin, Id; Idaho Wood Lighting 258 McGhee Rd Sandpoint, ID; Ideal Construction Inc 1251 Freeman Ln #18