Hiring a Landscaper in Sylacauga Alabama
So your yard is not looking so nice and you are in need of an affordable landscaping service in Sylacauga AL but don’t know how to find one. And since you take great pride in your home, you want to make sure you hire the right contractor. Choosing the right landscaper can not only result in a much more attractive lawn and garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal can be as basic as having your lawn cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter, most landscaping companies offer snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the various local landscaping companies can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. But there is an easy way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to perform your due diligence when hiring a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Sylacauga AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Sylacauga AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Sylacauga AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Sylacauga AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Sylacauga AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Sylacauga AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Sylacauga AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Sylacauga AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit More About Sylacauga Alabama
Sylacauga is known for its fine white marble bedrock. This was discovered shortly after settlers moved into the area and has been quarried ever since. The marble industry was the first recorded industry in the Sylacauga area.
Sylacauga is the site of the first documented case of an object from outer space hitting a person. On November 30, 1954, a 4 kg (9 lb) piece of what became known as the Hodges Meteorite crashed through the roof of an Oak Grove house, bounced off a radio, and badly bruised Mrs. Ann Hodges, who was taking an afternoon nap.
The first historical account of the area comes from de Soto's chroniclers as he marched south along the east bank of the Coosa River in 1540, encountering the town of Talisi at the edges of the Mississippian-era chiefdoms of Coosa and Tuskaloosa. The inhabitants of the Coosa River Valley were later united as the Creek Indians, whose encounters with the Spanish and French had a significant influence on the history of Sylacauga. Events that occurred between these three groups were partly responsible for the settlement of the village of Chalakagay in 1748 near modern Sylacauga by refugee Shawnee Indians led by Peter Chartier, and Chalakagay was later listed in the French territorial records in 1759 as being a town inhabited by 50 Shawnee Indian warriors. Late in the summer of 1836 all of the Indians remaining in Alabama were taken west by the United States government. The name Sy-la-cau-ga is derived from the Indian words Chalaka-ge which mean "The Place of the Chalaka Tribe". The city was first incorporated in 1838 as Syllacoga and again in 1887 as Sylacauga.
Several important roads traversed the region as early as the 1830s. Numerous ferries were put across the rivers. In 1852, a plank road was built from Montgomery to Winterboro, Alabama, passing through Sylacauga. The first railroad through Sylacauga was the Anniston and Atlantic Railroad on December 1, 1886. In 1838, the first Sylacauga post office was established, with George Washington Stone, later Chief Justice Stone of Alabama, as postmaster.
Find the Right Landscaping Company in Sylacauga AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. Just request your free estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top professional pre-screened landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Sylacauga AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
Other Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 21
Bing: Sylacauga AL Landscaping Services Search results
6 Best Landscaping Companies - Sylacauga AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Sylacauga, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 25 Homeowner Reviews of Top Sylacauga Landscaping Companies. Sellers Landscapes and Excavation, Inside and Out Home Services, McKnight's Total Landscape, LLC, Kendrick Gallahar Construction, LLC, National Site Materials Company. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Landscapers in Sylacauga, AL
Joed's Lawn Care Service - Sylacauga, Alabama . Joed's Lawn Care Service is an established Landscaping Services business offering complete solutions to clients throughout the local and surrounding areas Alabama. The company, which is located in Sylacauga(Alabama), and the Joe, Ahlhaus has many years' of experience in the Landscaping Services trade.
Landscaping Services in Sylacauga, Al | Hotfrog.com
Find Landscaping Services in Sylacauga, Al on Hotfrog. Get reviews and contact details for each business including phone number, postcode, opening hours and photos.
Best 22 Landscape Contractors in Sylacauga, AL with ...
Sylacauga Area From Business: Complete Lawn Maintenance Service Serving Lake Martin & Surrounding Areas We service Residential and specialize in; Landscape, Lawn Service, Mow, Weed Eating,… 3.
Home Landscaping Sylacauga AL - Find Landscaping Companies ...
Some Sylacauga AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs.
JB Lawncare. Landscaping Company - Sylacauga, AL. Projects ...
Sylacauga, AL - Landscaping Company. Professionals. Cabinet Makers Carpenters Deck Builders Drywall Contractors Electricians Fencing Companies. ... Other Service Pros Bauman Construction Incorporated. General Contractor - Chester, NY. Hire Landscaping Company Contractors In North Weeki Wachee COWBOY LANDSCAPING. Landscaping Company - Saginaw, TX.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Sylacauga, AL 2019 ...
The most trusted landscaping companies in Sylacauga, AL are on Porch. They have excellent community reviews, high BBB ratings & are backed by our $1000 quality guarantee.
Best Yard & Garden Landscaping Services - HomeAdvisor
Best Yard & Garden Landscaping Services - Sylacauga AL | Backyard, Front Yard Installation Hire the Best Front and Back Yard Landscaping Services in Sylacauga, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Sylacauga Landscaping for Yard or Garden Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
sylacauga, al | Lawn Care Services. Lawn Mowing Landscaping
We service the greater Sylacauga Alabama area. The area around your home is an important part of your living environment. Attractively and functionally landscaped, it can add to your enjoyment of your home. Landscaping can also increase property value, invite wildlife into your yard and conserve energy. knowledge of landscape design.
Landscaping - Sylacauga, AL - AL.com
Find Landscaping local business listings in and near Sylacauga, AL. Get Landscaping business addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, maps, reviews and more.